SEO is a common practice that improves upon the traffic to a website. There are few steps that the companies should take care of to attain the desired results. Quality content, accessibility, keyword portfolio, URLs, title tags, anchor tags, etc are few of them.
SEO, Search Engine Optimization is an online marketing that helps in improving upon the ranking of a website and enhancing the site’s visibility. This technique is helpful in getting traffic, which in turn, increases the chances of potential customers. The first important point that SEO expert should take into consideration is to think what user can type and then, understand the Google’s process of crawling, indexing and ranking.
Let’s throw light in the 12 steps that are needed to design a successful SEO.
- Content: It is commonly said that content is king. It should be informative and useful, from user’s point of view. It should be written, understanding Google’s aim of matching the searched query with the best, unique content. If a website contains information about products, there should be detailed description and product information and the links to the related products.
- Keyword Portfolio: The keywords targeted should be decided. It can be done, keeping several points in mind, whether the target customers would search it? How realistic is the query? It there enough volume for that query? Is it a competitive keyword? Who are the competitors? Google’s traffic estimator can be used to design right keyword portfolio.
- Find Ability: There are few practices that should be followed, like link to the content from high traffic sites, creating sitemap, creating title, guides, lists, etc.
- Accessibility: all the pages are not accessible to search engine. Robot.txt tracks the pages that should or should not be accessible.
- URL structure: URLs should be descriptive and should reflect the content. Using keywords in the URLs is also a good practice.
- Page Title and Headers: URLs, page titles and headers should be related. They should be short and crisp.
- Meta Tags: Though they are less important than URLs, page titles and headers, but they are easy, small wins and can compact conversion by improving search result.
- Anchor Tags: These tags improve find-ability, as they act as hyperlinks and they add context to the links.
- Sitemaps: They are feed that intimate Google of the new pages added. It is very important, if the site is difficult to crawl, has large amount of dynamic content. It enhances find-ability, but does not improve ranking.
- Indexing images: Images should be integrated into Google’s search and Google’s images. With the help of Alt tag, images can be optimized for target keywords.
- Blogging: It is a powerful tool that improves upon the traffic to website.
- Adopt new media, new formats: New formats should be adopted, as search result continuously changes and Google wants most relevant and current format. Social media marketing, video marketing , Blog Marketing, Virtual Marketing, etc should all be taken into consideration.
Tags: EBriks Infotech Pvt Ltd a SEO Services Company in India