Multilingual pay per click (PPC) is an online system of advertising, whereby advertisers bid on keywords in multiple languages and when an internet user searches something by using those keywords, the advertisement will shown on the page. EBriks Infotech has come up with some great tips to launch a successful multilingual PPC campaign.
15 Tips To Watch Out For While Launching Multilingual PPC Campaign:
Launching a multilingual pay-per-click (PPC) campaign is an effective way to build an online presence in other country. Due to the shortage of resources and budgets, many companies face problem in creating multiple versions of their website in different languages, but through pay-per-click, advertisers can efficiently reach out to bilingual audience online. EBriks Infotech has come up with some useful tips to launch a successful multilingual PPC campaign-
- Understand your target audience- It’s obvious to understand target audience and many of you might wonder on importance of covering this point. However, when we are worrying about localization, we have to keep in mind that we are required to ‘localize’ our understanding of customers also. They are living or operating in an environment where they have different rules and business practices and therefore, chances are high that they can be fundamentally different from each other.
- Get your content translated- The success or failure of any multilingual pay-per-click campaign relies on translations. The translation quality plays an imperative role and therefore, it should get most attention and consideration. Many advertisers commit a mistake of translating ad copy in a literal meaning without thinking about localization. As a result, native speaker gets confused in ad and landing page. Get the help of a translator who can read the content in English and then translate the same in the language of your choice, keeping intact the soul of the content. Getting your translated copy checked beforehand by a native speaker is a good idea.
- Pay attention towards local search engine also- If you are targeting a market where there is already a popular local search engine then it is worthwhile to have your PPC campaign set up to suit that particular search engine.
- Leverage benefits of excising campaign structure- Campaign structure plays a crucial role in multilingual pay-per-click initiative. No matters how many languages you are targeting, it is essential to keep your campaigns and ad groups separated from each other on the basis of language. Leverage benefits of your well-organized English targeted campaign structure. To create a campaign in other language, duplicate your English campaigns structure (not your keywords) and then modify your keywords, ad text & landing pages in accordance to the language.
- Make sure your benefits are still relevant- You have the perfect knowledge of your product but can you say the same thing about your customers also? Try to put yourself in your customer’s shoes and then check the worthiness of your products or offers from their point of view.
- Know your competitors- Some people may doubt on the relevance of this topic but it is one of the most common reasons of failure of campaigns. Customers may love gauging on chocolate cake but did you know that there are already such people in the market who are making cakes at much lower price than yours. So, it is advised to know your competitors before moving ahead.
- Keep a close tab on your campaign settings- The AdWords system looks at a user’s Google interface language setting in order to check whether it matches one of the languages that your campaign targets or not. If your campaign only targets “French”, then your ads will only shown to users who have designated “French” in their google account. Similarly, if the user is searching on Google.in then by default, language will be English. If you are targeting users of varied nations but they speak one common language, then you should set your AdWords campaign in order to target their language. It is possible to target more than one language by changing your campaign settings.
- 8. Conduct thorough multilingual keyword/phrases research- It is best to do a thorough multilingual keyword research in order to find out the best targeted keywords.
- Quality landing pages- In order to maximize relevance and effectiveness of your campaign, it is required to translate and localised both your paid advertising & landing pages. So, if your ad text is in Spanish then your landing pages should also be in Spanish. Here, one thing you should keep in mind that landing page localization does not just stop here as incorporating culturally relevant colours, images and designs should also be considered in order to increase efficiency.
- Check offers of competitors- Make sure your promotional offers are making sense. 30 per cent off may have no impact if everybody is giving the same thing in the target market. Your free delivery idea may not work if others are also not charging for delivery.
- Analysis and reporting- You should monitor and manage your campaign through web analytic. On the basis of results, you can modify bids, ad texts, keywords as well as landing pages. Continuous monitoring and improvement is essential to optimize your campaign.
- Be ready to get different conversion rates in different countries- Almost all PPC campaigns are optimized on the basis of expected conversion rates from specific areas. However, here you should keep in mind that the conversion rate could vary in each locale. It is not possible to get the same conversion rate and clicks in USA which you have in UK.
- Non-English markets are tough- We often conclude that non-english markets do not have the same kind of pressure or competition which you will see in English markets, like USA, UK, etc. But it is not true as non-english markets are same competitive as English markets.
- Avoid translating keywords- Translation may work for content but do not avoid this tactic with keywords/phrases. Keywords are a short description of what people are basically looking for while they go online. This comprises, market trends, buying habits, language localisation, etc. It is best to keep your keywords away from translation.
- Implementation- Once you have done with all preparation work, the campaign can be launched. Choose correct region/language settings. Geo-targetting tools in AdWords give you a chance to display specific ads only to users of specific location.
Tags: Pay Per Click India, PPC Campaign Management Company India, PPC Company India, PPC Services Company India