Webmasters and Website Owners Check list Before Launching The New Website?:
A website is not a single man job. It is the result of cumulative efforts put by many people. Before, making any website live, it becomes important to test it in a proper manner to make sure that you’re not going wrong. You can ask your team members to assist you in the pre-launch process. Most of the websites have writers, marketers, web developers, SEO people coming together to create a website. With the help of these people, you can create your website. Let’s find out how-
Role of writers or editors-
Writers and editors are having a very strong attention to detail when it comes about the written content on your website. You can use this attention to detail for other tasks also. Here’s how they can help you in pre-launch:
(A) Check spelling, grammar and punctuation- You should check spelling, grammar of the website.
(B) Forms- You should fill out the forms on the website and go through the below questions:
- Are the instructions correct?
- Does the form is correctly sent to the right person?
- Can is it possible to improve the form?
© Speed of the website- You should check the size of your page and take a note of their loading time.
(D) Context of the site- When you are paving focus towards the pages within the website, you should ask:
- Why should I visit this particular page?
- Is it good for visitor?
- Does the page address to the right audience?
Role of web designer-
Web designers know what the original design intent is, and they have great understanding about the visual details. They can quickly find out those things which don’t look quite right.
- Multi-browser rendering is the cause of great distress in the web world but as website creators we have no option but to live with it. You should check in order to make sure that the pages render well between common browsers.
- Fonts-If there is a drop in font code then it can make your word or letter look funny, You should make sure that the formatting is consistent.
- Check images-It is important to make sure that the image display is correct.
Role of web developer-
- Live URLs- Often websites are built at a URL (uniform resource locator) and it is not the final destination of the website. When a site goes live then URLs are transferred from staging to the production stage and it becomes important to test all URLs as they have changed now. On small websites without using any tool, you will be required to navigate to each page in order to ensure that they all work.
- Validation- You would be needed to check the validation of the URL of the website which you can easily do by pasting the URL and you’ll get the instant report.
- 404 Pages- If a 404 (“page not found”) error occurs, you should make sure that you have created a custom page so that your visitors can find something informative otherwise they will leave your website.
Role of search engine optimizer-
SEO professionals have a great understanding of the web marketing focus. Let’s find out how they can help-
301 Redirects- Many times, content is re-purposed or also moved to fit properly in the navigation structure of a site. If you are currently having a website and you are thinking to change the URL structure with your new website, you should ensure that you’ve mapped the old URLs to the new ones.
Check title tags/meta description-
It is important to ensure that the page has a proper title tag and make sure that they are unique. Also, you should make sure that each page has a meta description.XML Sitemaps/HTML Sitemap- You should ensure that each website is having a proper site map both in XML and HTML format. Both users and search engines give importance to this element as it helps them finding the pages which they are looking for when other methods get failed.
Social media integration-
You should make sure that you have right buttons and social plugins installed on a website.
- SERP- Are the search engines showing your pages correctly in the search result pages? Did you write correct meta description?
- PPC setup- If you are running any PPC campaign, you should make sure that it is set up and ready to go with the launch of the website.
Role of Network Administrators
- These people manage your web servers in an effective manner. Let’s find out how they can help you-
- Site monitoring- A website monitor checks pages on a regular basis in order to make sure that it is available for visitors.
- Backup- Have you thought what will happen if the server goes down? You should make sure that the backup system is properly configured and the recovery process has been carefully tested in order to make sure that it works.
- Check traffic loads- How your website will react when you suddenly get heavy traffic? It is important to do traffic load test if you are expecting a huge traffic.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Always Check These Things Before Launching Your New Website? ,
Tags: Web Designing Tips, Website Design and Development Check List, Website Designing Tips, Website Launching Check List