Posted by : Jitendra Singh, July 13th, 2013
Google has made it pretty clear that you should use the disavow tool only as an act of last resort. Before, using the tool, one should make multiple link removal requests on their own. Just dumping all of your bad links into a file and then upload it to the disavow links tool won’t generate any positive result. When the disavow tool is used in such a manner then it doesn’t work. Matt Cutt has made it clear that if you were hit by Penguin and you know you have bad links then you should probably use disavow tool.
- Do a link audit- John Mueller from Google has cleared that there is no need to use third-party (backlink) tools and Google Webmaster Tools (alone) is enough. You can find links that you need by going to Google Webmaster Tools and from their you can choose your website:
Google Webmaster Tools>Select Traffic>Links to Your Site Select Traffic>Links to Your Site>More Select “Download Latest Links”
- Analyze the link data- It is fine to use one of the ever expanding numbers of link evaluation tools, but in the end, it is important to do a thorough manual review in order to “audit” the tool’s output.
- Indulge into documentation- Personally, I feel it is always a good idea to create a Google Drive account dedicatedly for the link cleanup campaign. It is useful to record all the details of your outreach campaign on a spreadsheet. You should include the Google Drive credentials in the reconsideration request. By doing so, you are giving Google the option of being able to look at all of the work on your spreadsheets. Also, it tells how much efforts were actually went into emailing.
- Remove links through email outreach- It is a known fact that personalized emails are very effective and they don’t need any thought on the part of the recipient. Let your webmaster knows where links are actually positioned on the page, the anchor text and where it points. When you include all these details then you will be perceived as a human and thus, the webmaster can easily find and remove links. It has been found out some web masters are demanding payment for a link removal. Avoid it. You just need to simply document the demand for payment on your spreadsheet and then you can include all these websites in your Disavow file.
- Now, use the Disavow Tool- You just log into Google Webmaster Tools and from their you would be required to go to the Disavow Tool to choose your domain. When you click on Disavow Links, a menu will be opened and you will be asked for a file containing the links which you want to disavow. The list will have such links which you cannot removed manually. Just upload the file and you’re done.
- Reconsideration request (optional)- If you are facing a manual penalty then you will be required to file a reconsideration request. While filing your reconsideration request, you should considered below points-
-Don’t hide anything.
-Accept responsibility and tell the reason why it will not happen again in future.
Subscribe to this feed
Posted by : Jitendra Singh, July 6th, 2013
If you have a locally based website, then guess what you can enjoy? You will be getting more link building options! Not only they will generate top notch opportunities but will also be relevant too! Let’s have a look on crucial ways through which you can take advantage of local link opportunities and strengthen your link building campaign-
- Local directories- Chances are high that your local business is already visible on local business directories, like Google Places, Yahoo Local along with others. But if you fail to claim your listings then you may miss some vital parts of your profiles on these- your websites link! Though some websites only give redirect or no follow links, while there are others offering links that can boost your link profile.
- Invest in SEO- Yes, you should hire a good SEO company, like EBriks, for your website so that people can easily find your site in search results. A good SEO person applies all valid tactics and rules to rank your website high on search engines.
- Make contribution to local blogs- It is a sure shot way to build links. People are more interested in reading blogs and reviews on varied topics. However, you should not indulge into self-promotional. Make complete use of your local knowledge while writing blogs and use only those topics that will be interesting for a local community audience also. You can use local blogs to promote yourself and your business by inserting your website link in the author box at the beginning or end of the post.
- Local business resource pages- Do you want to get relevant local links that might actually generate more traffic to your website? If yes, then you should connect with local businesses and get links from them. But how can you do that?
First, you should prepare a list of those local businesses in your industry that are not in your direct competition. For instance, if your business offers outdoor adventure services then you should approach local transport operators. You should avoid approaching big companies with a main corporate website and should focus more on locally owned franchises, having their own website. Next, you should study their local business websites and find out the page on their website for local links, vendors, partners and so forth. It is important that these pages should be having links to other businesses in the sector, so that you can expand your reachability. Now, you can either contact the business owner via email to introduce your business or can personally visit the owner and talk to the owner.
If you will establish local partnerships, you will not only succeeded in building links to your website but will also open the door for more business opportunities.
- Encourage testimonials- Testimonials and reviews can play important role in improving local links and business. People usually read the testimonials and then decide that whether they should choose that service or not.
- Explore social media channels- Social media platforms like facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc., play major role in enhancing your brand image. Social networks prove effective in building links for businesses.
- Sponsor local events- Last, but not the least, start doing some good in your community by sponsoring charities and events. People will return the favour by linking to your website and including your name in printed materials.
Subscribe to this feed
Posted by : Jitendra Singh, July 6th, 2013
If landing page bounce rates causing serious issues, if the unnecessary pay per click solutions are wasting both your time and money, than it is the time to work and optimize your landing page. Landing pages play vital role in e-mail marketing, pay per click, press releases, search engine marketing and in other aspects related to online marketing. Enhancement of your conversion rates strongly depend on the landing page. Let’s have a look on some of the effective ways to effective optimization of your page:
- Have a superior page title- When the search action is performed, the search engine tries to find out the title of a page for matching keywords. So, it is important that the title optimization should be of high priority among other aspects. In order to make sure that the title during the web search indexed correctly, you must keep it precise, sharp and relevant.
- Never undervalue importance of the page URL- Usually, search engines prefer 65 characters in the URL, so always try to restrict to it. It has been found out the most useful landing pages are created when vertical pipes are separating different ideas and subjects. Always include your main keywords in first 65 URL characters as it will give more exposure to your website.
- Always use rich content- Here, rich content doesn’t mean excess use of animation and graphics. The website landing page should be having informative information which should keep your visitors interested. It is important that your content should interest your visitors and this can be done by linking your content to product description and reviews, feedback and other social networks profile.
- Create an impressive heading tag- While, writing heading tag, you must use relevant keywords. For those users who browse the web in search of particular keywords, you must make your landing page the apt choice by perfectly matching user’s input keywords and your heading’s. If there was a poor keyword selection, the user most definitely will follow other link and navigate from your website.
- Image optimization- You all must know that every single video and image has a file name to it and to get positive results, it is important to optimize those file names by using relevant keywords. By indulging into careful selection of keywords for an image, you will surely able to get high ranking of your website on search engines. You must have heard it thousand times that one good image is equivalent to 1000 words. Visual perception has high impact on users as compared to text and to achieve better results, you should use different combinations of keywords.
- Lead generation- Your main goal of the landing page is to contribute in the lead generation process. Here, you should try to encourage users to register on your website, so that you can get their contact details, which can be later used for doing online marketing. It is important that the text and messages you want to convey on a landing page, should be precise and enrich with all keywords. Display customer reviews and use any method to make your landing page attractive so that more and more people fill the form.
Subscribe to this feed
Posted by : Jitendra Singh, June 25th, 2013
Small businesses are encountering with many challenges while managing their AdWords campaigns. Such small businesses have limited budget, their website is not optimized and also, many people don’t have clear understanding of Google AdWords. I truly believe that you should do your homework before hiring an external help. Let’s have a look on six biggest mistakes, which I have noticed over and over again in adwords accounts of small businesses owners
- Creating one AdWord campaign with one ad group for all targeted keywords- It is a common mistake committed by most of the small businesses. They create the entire campaign with just one ad group and include all their keywords, which surely means waste of time and money. The success of any AdWord campaign relies only on the relevance. There are many such industries who have been using AdWord from last many years. They have set up their campaigns with properly tested messages for each keyword. If you will try to put all your keywords in the same ad group, you will surely lose your business and your rivals will walk away with all qualified clicks.
- Tight budget- Being limited budget is the other concern area to watch out for. It is also an easy thing to correct if you’re a small business man. Campaigns, having ‘limited by budget’, points to a situation when your budget limit is being reached on a somewhat before the midnight. When your budget limit is reached to that point, your ads will be stop showing until midnight when you again reset your budget. Usually, ‘limited by budget’ status is directly related to high positions and a small budget limit. Generally, small businesses owners think that being coming at the top slots is all that important. However, in Adwords, it works in a different manner. When you are a small business, you shouldn’t show much concern towards the visibility. The entire focus should be on the conversions and ROI. You will not get conversions out of visibility. The key point here is clicks. It is important to get as many as clicks out of the initial budget. In case of ‘limited by budget’ campaigns, the campaign stops being shown at midday and you may be visibility somewhere at 4th or 5th position. If you will lower the bidding, your position and CTR (click through rate) will also fall but you will pay less per click. You will not early reached to your budget limit and you will be able to get more clicks as a whole.
- Using only broad match- If you will only use broad match keywords then you’ll end up giving Google more money than you should actually give. Usually, small businessmen don’t know that keywords in Adwords come in different types.
The standard match type is ‘Broad Match’, which lets Google to show anything that they find remotely relevant. A keyword like packers services in Broad Match can show your ads against any of the below queries-
- packers services
- how to avail packers services
- packers and movers services
- packers services for office
- packers services for residential
In order to ensure that you are getting only relevant clicks, you should use Broad Match Modifier instead of Broad Match
- Making frequent changes in the ad campaigns- There are some people who have the habit of making frequent changes in the ad campaigns. However, if you will keep making changes in your adword campaigns, you will never able to generate desired results. By making frequent changes, you will be unable to achieve the statistical significance. However, it does not mean that you should not optimize your account. It is important to optimize your account but making daily changes will not take you anywhere.
- Misappropriate use of conversion tracking- The real problem starts when you implement the conversion tracking code on each web page, including the actual contact form page or another individual page and you mistakenly considered the conversions for real statistics.
- Ads aren’t written to suit adwords format- It is quite a challenging task to write the ads in the Adwords format. Adwords aren’t meant for full sentences. Always write small sentences by judiciously choosing your words.
Subscribe to this feed