Posted by : Jitendra Singh, March 7th, 2013
“In the absence of an effective marketing strategy, any start-up business can face difficulty in establishing itself in the market. If you have not yet framed a marketing strategy, EBriks Infotech has come up with some useful manual on marketing strategy for start-ups.”
Marketing Strategy For Start-Ups
Starting a business is both an exhilarating and frightening experience. For any start-up that wants to reach out to its target audience, a clear cut marketing strategy is required. EBriks Infotech has come up with the complete manual on marketing strategy for start-ups.
Laying the foundation
Before starting laying bricks, you would be required a solid foundation. A start-up marketing strategy follows the same rule. Before starting marketing your start-up, make sure you carefully followed all below points-
Before you start laying bricks, you need a solid foundation. A successful start-up marketing strategy follows that same principle. Before you jump into marketing your start-up, make sure you have the following bases covered.
- Choose your market- If you try to use your start-up for everyone then it will be only sheer wastage of time and money. Here, the main point is to carefully define your niche target class and then carefully plan your actions in accordance to that.
- Define success- For every start-up, meaning of success is different. For one person, 500 new sign ups per month may be success, while for other making 5 new clients in a month is a success. Whatever your idea of success, you should define the same at an early stage. Write it down and communicate it with your entire team. You should make sure that everyone working with you, knows your definition of success.
- Set your core metrics- You should make sure that your core metrics are measurably accurate and specific. Like 500 or 1000 new sign ups to achieve in a month.
- Estimation of conversion rate- The next step is to decide the conversion rates and values. Consider, 100 newsletter sign ups in a month could be a great growth if you are achieving a conversion rate of 20 per cent. It means, 20 per cent of newsletter subscribers are becoming your customers. However, if your conversion rate is nearing to 1 per cent then it won’t be a significant growth.
- Deciding a budget- The money plays an imperative role in your marketing strategy. How much can you afford on your strategy? Pre-decide your budget and work within that limit.
SEO- In today’s internet driven world, it becomes useful to optimize your website. A good SEO on your website can help in raising your visibility, which in turn lead to more lead generation.
PR- When you commence your business, you must let your potential customers know about your existence and how your products/services can help them. PR can play crucial role in this regard. It is an effective and accurate way of communicating with your audience in order to make sure that they have a clear understanding of your company. You can prepare your story to match requirements of different publications or broadcasting channels.
Content creation- Create a topic list on the basis of SEO keywords. A well written content will not only portray the real image of your company but also supports SEO activities.
Guest blogging is crucial for start-ups. By doing guest posting on a popular blog, you can build your reputation in the online space. Also, if your start up blog has someone influential guest blog then it will help in driving traffic.
Use trial and error method- While executing new initiatives, use the method of trial and error. Pay close attention towards the results of the initiative, and if it works then continue using the same and if it doesn’t then tweak it to suit your needs.
Subscribe to this feed
Posted by : Jitendra Singh, March 3rd, 2013
For financial advisors internet is relatively an inexpensive playground to raise awareness about your products or services, which in turn finally helps in building trust. EBriks Infotech has detailed some of the crucial parameters which should be look into while building a digital marketing strategy for financial advisors.
Tips To Create Viable Digital Marketing Strategy For Financial Advisors:
Does anyone remember how financial advisors were working before the advent of internet. From a marketing point of view, it was sheer wastage of resource and time as enormous costs were incurred in creating and printing hard-copy marketing material. Needless to say, countless man hours were wasted in knocking on doors of customers.
Today, time has certainly changed. Now, almost every independent financial advisor is having a web page, and while an increasing number of advisors are making better use of other digital platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. However, too many people still do not have any coherent digital marketing plan in place to match with their marketing strategy. Let’s have a look on four things which financial advisors should considered in order to build a viable digital marketing presence-
- Build an original content that is not only consistent but matches with vital economic issues or dates throughout the year, like budget season. Arbitrarily posting content that are neither relevant or useful is the easiest way to lose your target audience.
- Make sure that your digital marketing efforts and client relationship management strategy are working together. You would be interested in knowing what type of efforts are helping you in converting leads into prospects, which will finally help in winning new clients. You must, therefore, have a clear idea of who is visiting your company’s web site and for how long. In the absence of any digital marketing strategy, it will be difficult to find out what content others are finding useful. By clearly understanding what content others are finding valuable gives you a chance to establish yourself as a trusted thought leader in the market.
- Make use of varied social media platforms and maximize the strengths of each while limiting their weaknesses. Facebook, for instance, through the use of pictures, is a right choice for interactive storytelling, giving better understanding to people about the firm as well as people who are working there. On the other hand, twitter is apt for short, crisp thoughts that increase your brand presence. LinkedIn is ideal to network with peers and get involved in varied groups. Your social media efforts should drive people towards the content on you web page.
- While creating a website, you should choose a provider that will give you enough time to update in real time and can give you the capability to add calls to action, landing pages, videos and blogs. However, highly customized websites, with pleasing aesthetically, may be difficult to update. You would be more interested in updating the content without wasting too much time or money. Posting fresh new content on a regular basis is imperative not only for doing better search engine optimization but it also helps in increasing engagement and gives people a reason to come back to your website.
At the end of the day, people will do business only with those advisers whom they can trust. Earlier, getting a meeting with potential prospect perhaps meant hours of cold calling and even then it took several follow-ups to ultimately winning the business. While, establishing trust is required today also but a good digital marketing strategy can ease the entire process.
Subscribe to this feed
Posted by : Jitendra Singh, March 1st, 2013
Gone are the days of marketing your hotels through newspaper or magazines. Now, more and more people are using internet for hotel reservations. Let’s dive into each aspect of hotel digital marketing strategy with EBriks Infotech.
Top 4 Factors To Be Included In A Hotel Digital Marketing Strategy
In recent times, digital marketing for hotels is increasingly becoming complex. Hotel managers need not only to manage room booking, guest servicing, availabilities and pricing, but are also expected to completely understand digital marketing techniques that are emerging every day. Hence, many hotel owners are finding new ways to expand their brand online. The obvious solution is to hire additional staff, but this method can only give temporary solution, because digital marketing is not a one-time process and therefore, its importance will continue to grow. The breakthrough solution for this problem is to devise a good digital marketing strategy that give a consistent experience to hotel guests. Let’s have a quick look on four crucial items which hotel managers should consider while drafting a digital marketing strategy:
- Highly optimized website- It is crucial to have a unique website for your hotel. You would be required a modern, up-to-date website built with latest technique that would last for years. Your website must be having high-resolution, professionally produced photos of your hotel, room descriptions, detailing all amenities, a complete user guide on quick driving directions, and finally, an easy online booking procedure.
- Active online social presence- It is important to have a professional-looking presence on facebook and also allow your guests to engage over twitter. You should make use of the social network for amplifying your message. Make sure that good feedback about your hotel is being shared across varied digital communities. For photos, you can use Flickr and for videos, YouTube channel is there. Also, email is also a good mode as it is still considered as the most widely used for sharing itineraries and other details.
- Mobile consumers will demand optimized content in 2012. Mobile traffic has emerged out as one of the fastest growing medium in digital marketing. Various research results have showed that nearly 20 per cent of all hotel searches are executed on mobiles. It means that unless your hotel website is optimized for mobile device, you will lose the game. Mobile hotel marketing has become an imperative part of the digital marketing strategy. There are slew of things which you should considered while crafting web design for mobile devices. A mobile optimized website should be having all those things which your regular website is also having like high resolution photos, detailed room descriptions and interactive maps. Having one-tap features, like, one-tap hotel reservations and one-tap online booking are imperative to successfully crack some of those last-minute reservations.
- Introduce some innovations in your marketing campaigns- Digital marketing is not a one-time game. It is entirely a different discipline that must be effectively embraced by hotel managers. However, here digital marketing does not mean that you need to hire lot of new staff. By using some appropriate tools, hotel managers can make use of their current e-commerce & reservations staff and can create campaigns to reap the rewards of increasing marketing exposure.
Subscribe to this feed
Posted by : Jitendra Singh, February 28th, 2013
Retail store owners easily get too involved in their daily business operations as they hardly get time to brainstorm marketing ideas. In the absence of an effective marketing strategy, you may find it difficult to establish yourself in the market. EBriks Infotech has come up with some tips to create an effective retail marketing strategy-
Tips For Creating An Effective Retail Marketing Strategy
The retail sector has emerged out as one of the most competitive sectors in recent times and so a good marketing strategy is required to compete in the growing retail industry. However, many retailers get busy in their day-to-day running of their business that they do not use all their expertise to push their work forward. If you are from retail sector, then it is the time to wake up and create an effective marketing strategy because if you fail to do so then you could find yourself trailing behind your peers. Here are some tips which should be taken into consideration to create a purposeful retail marketing strategy-
- Research- You should do a complete research of your product or service niche. Study the advertising pattern of other community businesses in order to design your own good retail marketing strategy.Analysing your rivals is a good idea to know what is working and what is not.
- Use internet- With the increase in internet popularity all the time, it is extremely crucial to make use of internet marketing in order to improve market share. Create a good website where customers can easily find your merchandise and also purchase products online. Using internet to sell products is a great way of business expansion without having to incur lot of money on retail locations. However, if you are not interested in developing online store then also you can use internet for advertising your products. Effective marketing strategy should make use of all available mediums for improving business exposure and with the availability of effective online medium, it makes sense to benefit from this.
- Marketing techniques- Retail sector is highly competitive, and therefore, even a smallest promotions can give you more attention from customers. You can use seasons and holidays to send out printed promotion materials or emails to remind customers to come to you. Here the entire idea is to keep your marketing strategy active by offering exciting promotions as it will make you more competitive and will help you in attracting customers.
- Customer survey- You may devise a good marketing strategy but in order to improve your business, you should ask your customers what they actually want. An effective marketing strategy should start by asking your customers what kind of products/services they actually want. It will give you a fair idea of how to effectively market your product/services. You should also encourage your consumers to use feedback forms.
Subscribe to this feed