As a designer, it is imperative that below website design should be
such that which makes both your website search-engine and user
friendly. So let’s have a look on some common mistakes which are
committed by a designer and make sure you are not committing it-
• Failing to define goals of a company for the website.
• Failing to clear the vital performance indicators, and failing to
formulate systems for measuring the success of the website on the
basis of it.
• Designing according to client’s needs and not according to
• Not involving and taking account other views.
• Failing to create a plan.
• Don’t pay heed to adaptive and responsive website designing.
• Failing to take into account different factors that can affect the
loading speed of a page during the planning stage and not carefully
testing speed through the entire development stage.
• Some other common mistakes encompass loading highly detailed graphs
through less viable conditions and simply downloading too many assets
without making a proper optimization of the loading conditions.
• Making use of wire frames instead of using sketches.
• Doing over-designing
• Selecting technologies instead of finding solutions. For instance,
choosing the enterprise product for divergent reasons that make it
efficient; rather than questioning whether it is suitable to solve the
particular issue or not.
• Ignoring copyrighting/content
• Designing the photo shop instead of actual webpage. While using
photo shop, one doesn’t pay attention to other crucial factors, like
screen sizes, content, interactive design, etc.
• Designing the flash file that can only be done through a flash file
instead of the SEO friendly site which has content.
• Creating the functioning website design with main focus only on one
particular browser instead of testing it on many other browsers as you
• Failing to use accessibility principles while creating and
implementing the website
Since e its inception, search engine has been constantly evolving and
it will keep on developing in near future also with the introduction
of new strategies and ideas. Whether you are a SEO guy or a content
writer, it is important that you understand this thing. Similarly, it
becomes important that you understand the advancing nature of SEO.
Moreover, it is also crucial to take notice of new emerging concepts
and one such is social media marketing. In order to create a viable
SEO campaign, it is necessary that you understand how actually social
media works and how to leverage it for SEO benefits.
As all human beings are different, similarly all social networks are
not same. Each social network is created by using keeping target
audience in mind and with a different concept. For instance, Linkedin
is used more for professional audience, while Facebook has different
audience. It is inevitable for SEO experts to grasp the concept behind
all these networks and use each of them according to their strengths.
Social media marketing and search engine optimization are two pivotal
areas of internet marketing. To bring success to your online business,
it is important to have both of them. Any concept that helps in
bringing more audience should be given more value. When different
search engines provide ranking to your website, they consider
different factors. With the increase in social network, different
social networking sites have started taking account them while ranking
In the current scenario if you want a website to market properly in
the online world, both SEO and SMM should work hand in hand. Even SEO
experts have understood that social media plays an important role in
the search engine process. With the judicious use of SEO, you will
find a rise in your ranking and you can find your site on the first
page of the search engine. You need to work hard to keep the ranking
on the top page of the search engine. The main function of SEO is to
bring your website to the top position and SMM will help in keeping
your position intact. Your main motive is to bring your website on the
top of position and for doing so, it is crucial to have the
coexistence of SEO and SMM.