Saturday, January 19th, 2013
Google is now using varied different ways for authenticating quality of content and creating good back links. There is one effective way by which Google can check the authenticity of links on the internet- through ‘Google authorship program. It means, if you want to rank high on search engine, you should tell Google who wrote content on your website.
In case of single author Blog/Website
Link the unique content of your website to Google Plus profile by using verified email address. Before doing that you should ensure that:
- Your email is on the same domain as your content.
- Each article or post on that domain should be clearly stated the ‘author name’ so that Google can easily know about its writer.
Visit Google Authorship Page for submitting your email. No matters how many articles or posts you have published on your domain, you would be needed to complete this process only once.
Set up Google Authorship Through Google Plus for Your Website
- Create a link on your website by using the below tag”
You should replace [profile_url] with your Google+ profile URL.Here, you should remember that your link must contain the ?rel=author parameter. Because if it is not here, it won’t be possible for the google to associate your content with your Google+ profile.
- Go to the Google Plus profile ‘About Page’ to add your website as a site in which you are contributing to.
- Check the success of the above steps by using Google’s structured data testing tool.
It may take nearly 2 weeks to appear your profile image next to your content on Google.
For more information / queries, feel free to mail us at : email@example.com