Friday, April 5th, 2013
Read on the article to know about different ways through which you can rank high on local search engines.
Some Crucial Signals To Help Your Business In Ranking High On Local Search Engines:
While we usually give more importance to google, there are various other local search engines, also, like Yelp, YP.com, CityGrid, etc., that have a significantly high amount of qualified consumer search traffic. Each of these search engines come with its own proprietary search algorithms. There are many such standard basic ways which can affect your ranking on any local search engine-
These are signals that are directly related to the phrases you put into a search interface-
- Business name: Business names play an imperative role when someone is finding about a specific business in search engines or searching for keyword (s) that is including in your business name. While, most search engines will undervalue the importance of business names, it does hold value in something particularly in less sophisticated engines. Also, you should ensure sure that your business name is spelled correctly.
- Business category: Categorization is very important. It’s an important way for search engines to identify a business and relate it to a query. You can start by running some test queries on those search engines which you aim to target in order to have a clear idea about how keywords mapping actually works.
- Business description & keywords: It is crucial to have a right description along with right set of keywords in order to improve the visibility for queries. You should have a clear idea of different ways through which people search for your service.
- Business services: Services can be identified as another form of categorization. Like, emergency plumber would be considered as a category, whereas, toilets cleaning, leaks, etc., would be considered as services. It is important that you have clear understanding of most popular services which you are offering and make sure you are including them in your listing.
These are signals which depend upon consumer behaviour and therefore, usually, out of business control.
- Click through rates- If a listing is appearing on search results then it shows its potential to meet clients requirements. Most importantly, local search engines reward those listings, having high CTRs with better search rankings. You may find varied ways through which a business can improve CTR, starting with ensuring that the above relevancy signals are up-to-date. Presenting the information along with top notch images and videos can help in increasing CTR.
- Ratings and reviews- Don’t limit yourself to the review section of google and yelp as these are not only places where reviews count. Every major local search engine has its own review system. When your customers write reviews then you should send them to varied sites.
The business location and searcher location both are important for displaying results.
- Proximity of business: How much closeness a business enjoys to the searched location? On the basis of the category of the query and density, business proximity will be valued more or less.
- Business density: If there are few businesses in your area who are competing for a category, you are more likely to get the more suitable results.
- Searched Geo: When a user mentions a particular location in their query, it usually signifies that they are prioritizing location, therefore, chances are high that the search engine will give more importance to businesses which are located in the searched geography in its search results.
We all are doing business to earn some bucks, therefore, it is worthwhile to understand how the advertiser display system works on a search engine.
- Advertiser keywords: While, choosing keywords, advertisers should understand what type of keywords should be targeted. Often, local search engines may have relatively weak keyword-mapping, therefore, it is crucial to understand the search engine maps keywords in order to save your bucks.
- Advertiser boost: Many search engines provide an organic ranking boost to advertisers.
- Listing quality: If you can take over your rivals with filling out your listings, then you will surely tend to overshadow them in local search engines. This can be described as one of the main areas of opportunity. You may find millions of such listings that still have not been claimed.
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012
You own a website. Youhave optimized it with all possible keywords in the most apt places it can be, to locate your website easily. You have structured your website to attract your customers. But still your website doesn’t appear on the first page of any search engine. What is that you are missing? It is “Local SEO”. Essentially it is a sub domain of SEO(Search Engine Optimization) which is purposefully aimed at promoting and advertising the local small brands.
This local SEOwill mainly focus on search terms which are not in the general search terms. They would require a contrastingly different service framework from those who provide the SEO services India. Mainly because the local business would lack large information technology resources which the other SEO are at a higher ease of accessing. By this the SEO service providers enable the website owners to make right decisions.
In the current economic scene the local businesses need all the resources and help they can get. Usually the local businesses would not have the bigger ad budgets, time or personnel that the bigger market has and demands it very much for a successful running of a business.
The following strategies can be adopted for local SEO or rather secrets to kill the completion:
- Links from other commonly visited websites directed to your website. This are called back links. These are the most vital component for any local SEO. This will be seen as increasing the vote of confidence to your website. The more is the trustworthiness of your page is, and the more relevant the content of your page from the back link is, the more your page will increase in the search engine results.
- Content in any way is the king of your website. The more unique the content in your webpage is, the more the chances of your page appearing in the front page results. When the content is more interesting, useful, funny or at least controversial, you have created link bait. These are those contents others would like to share it and thus your site’s reach is increased automatically. Search engines first look for those common links shared by many.
- Doing enough research on the target audience will immensely help in knowing the needs and will help you in structuring your website in a better way. Proposing guest posts on hot topics on the web will increase your chances sky high.
- Having a personal voice is the most important gift that the small businesses have. To add trust and to showcase your authority in the market, you need to have a strong personalized voice. Usually recommendations have an upper hand while comparing with features and benefits. The more your product is recommended the more is the chance of selling it. For that you need to make your voice heard. Making it more personal helps you to make them recommend more.
- Internal linking adds lot of value to your site. More than the sites maps, related products and posts engage the visitors and make them feel easy to compare your product with the product in the bigger market. Your navigations schema should route them to your complete content. By this they will be able to decide easily.
- Make your website listed in the online directories. Especially the one’s related to your industry. By this you create an edge over other sites which are not listed. Those online directories will list your products in more than one category and will enable a back link to your website. This helps your target customers to reach to your website more easily than before.
Thus local SEO benefit of a website with proper back links, having link bait, and more importantly listed in the online directory will help the website to be more trusted.