Videos can proved to be costly and time-consuming investment. Specially for small businesses, the total cost of producing video will always need to weighed against other marketing investments. The sad part of the story is that video is tough to sell, especially when it is a daunting task to predict the ROI from its significant expense.
Let’s find out some useful ways through which you can use videos to augment and enhance link-building activity-
By making use of video as a media type within interactive content-
- Content type which you are required- Video is a media type and is one form of content deliver. Pages where video becomes part of the entire multimedia interactive, should be extremely engaging and should be capable enough to generate a lot of links.
- Technical implementation required- If you have decided to build a multimedia web page but that can’t be viewed through an iframe on another site, then it doesn’t matter where you decide to host your video. It is important to make your content lightweight, mobile friendly and easy to download.
By making use of YouTube to build links:
- Content type which you are required- If you have videos with some social message that are likely to generate more links then you should use YouTube as a viable platform to generate more leads for link building.
- Technical implementation required- Anyone who embeds your YouTube video should be considered as a solid link prospect. Oftentimes, a warm thankful email to anyone who does embed your YouTube videos is also useful to build relationships and then convert those YouTube embeds into links back to your own website.
Make use of videos for improving and augmenting page types-
- Content type which you are required- Here, we’re talking about product videos – i.e. videos which you have created for providing information on a specific product/service. Product videos play crucial role when they take the audience member from a place of initial interest further down to the path towards conversion by giving answers of all concerns/queries of the interested party. It is important that these videos should be informational rather than promotional.
- Technical implementation required- If you’re intended to create videos to improve and augment specific pages on your website then it is important that these videos should be either self-hosted or securely hosted by using a third-party provider. This is because these videos will likely to be useful only within the context of the pages for which they are created and therefore, are not much useful to a person finding your content through YouTube. For such kind of content, it is important to get video rich snippets in order to get more clicks from the search results pages.
Have a viable blogging strategy-
- Content type which you are required- It is important that video for blogs should be informational with reasonably soft branding. If resources are not constraint then supplement the footage with screen casts and/or animated graphics, in order to inject interest element.
- Technical implementation required- If you are interested in getting maximum exposure then you should host your content on YouTube, from where it will get good ranking on search results. If you are getting search volume, that’s fabulous then chances are high that your videos may get some good traction on the YouTube platform. However, if there’s no search volume then having your videos on YouTube won’t generate much additional value for you. If the latter is your case then it is better off self-hosting your videos because by doing so you will be able to drive all traffic to your own website rather than to youtube.
Boost PR activity with video news release
Content type which you are required- Video news releases play useful role in any PR campaign, since they attract interests of journalists. Generally, reporters have shortage of the time and therefore, they cannot add interest element into each story, but with a video release, you can complete the half the work for them. All editors need to do with a video news release is put together a supporting paragraph & then embed the video and click the publish.
Technical implementation required- You should always host your video news releases on YouTube, since most of the websites embed YouTube videos on their website and they also know how to get an embed code from a video on youtube.com
Tags: Quality Links, Video Links, Video Marketing, Video SEO